There are few blogs that I follow regularly, in fact, there are less than ten. So when one of my personal favorite bloggers sends me a recognition of some kind, I can’t help but be thankful for the notice from someone I personally read so regularly. You see, I’m a homeschooling father, and to be honest, I’m not all that creative. It’s not so much that I’m not artistic as much as I’m never sure quite what to do when it comes to the kids. So they knit. A lot.
Insert Jennifer at Crafolic.com. She has so many ideas over there for kids that it will make your head spin. I have told her repeatedly that she needs to write a book, and if she doesn’t then many families will simply miss out on her, and I don’t want that to happen. Not only that, but her husband has a beard, and I respect any woman who loves a man with a solid beard.
So if you have kids and are looking for something special and fun to do, check her out. If you are a grandparent, always check her page when you know the kids are coming over to stay. I can think of few better ways to have fun with them that so clearly helps to solidify the faith of children.
So, to the award. I am supposed to nominate some other bloggers for this “Versatile Blogger Award”, as well as tell you seven things about myself that I haven’t mentioned already. Well, I’m not sure who I would nominate for this award, I would just take the time to go through my blogroll. Most of those blogs are written by solid Catholics, and are all worthy of some notice. That is of course why I put them there. To be honest, most of the blogs I follow would not be all that interested in a small little blog like mine taking notice of them, I am after all, a very small bug in the world of blogging.
That being said, I’d love to pass the award to other blogs that follow me, I’ll link them as I get word:
TJBurdick – Adorationality.wordpress.com Check out his title, it’s hilarious. Definitely check out his article on Confusing White People. I do this too, just with Latin.
Now, seven things about me.
1. I failed skipping in kindergarten. All I could do is gallop. This would be the only test I have ever failed in my life. My kids love to make fun of me for this.
2. I’m deeply interesting in native cultures, regardless of the nationality. I always wanted to be a cultural anthropologist, specializing in native cultures. I am simply interested in how people lived when they lived as naturally and close to the earth as possible. I often sit back and dream of fishing and hunting all day, and I’m sure my prayer life would be a lot better if that was all I had on my plate!
3. My sister is also my cousin. Dead serious. No incest here, so I’ll have to explain. When my mother divorced my father, her next husband was his cousin. So she’s my half sister through my mother, and my cousin through my father. I still think that’s funny every time I say it.
4. I love watermelon. When I was a little boy, I would go and visit my father in the south every couple years. Every time I went, it was summer, and my grandfather would take me out on the farm in his tractor first thing, so that I could get my watermelon. We would roll through the oppressive heat to find the perfect one, and then he would toss it on the ground to break it open, and I would eat the whole thing right there. We would of course grab another to bring home, but he always said he loved watching me eat that watermelon.
5. Bald is sexy. (At least that’s what my wife keeps telling me!)
6. I can play almost any instrument you put in front of me. I can play the didgeridoo, the ukulele, the Irish flute, you name it. I come from a musical family, my parents even have a rock band!
7. I don’t like reading the bible. I know, that’s just stupid. I love to quote it, and I love what it teaches me, but every time I sit down to read it, my eyes glaze over. Don’t get me wrong, I have forced myself through every book, but I’m actually better at reading books about the bible, than reading the bible itself. The office of readings is about all I can handle in a day. Go figure.
And there you go. Seven random things about me for your amusement.
(Just a note for any bloggers that follow me, if you would like me to link you on this page and send you this award, let me know, and I’ll hop right on it.)